9.13.2010

Do you know Love?

Looks like I will be going to Haiti the first week of October. I can't express how excited I am to be taking this step toward a long term commitment. I am thankful that this opportunity is coming so quickly after the doors to serving in Cambodia had closed. It feels like I've been preparing for so long to give my medical skills to those who need it so desperately.

I feel so ready to go.

I will be flying into Port Au Prince and working with the field office and mobile clinics around Haiti as needed.

In addition, I will be meeting the in country director and we will be considering and determining whether a 6 month to 1 year placement in Haiti will be a good fit and will serve MTI well.
This is good news that comes at the tail end of a very hard week.

On Sunday, Rick spoke words I did not want to hear about marriage and divorce.

I needed to hear them desperately.

I needed to be reminded of the deep love of my Father.

I needed to be reminded to press into Him.

I needed to be reminded to entrust the ones I love into His gentle hands.

So, if you have been asking questions about love, marriage, or divorce, here are the messages live streaming on the web. I thought they were very helpful.

http://www.imagodeicommunity.com/sunday/teaching-and-sermon-archive/the-gospel-of-matthew-part-12-matthew-191-9/


http://www.imagodeicommunity.com/sunday/teaching-and-sermon-archive/the-gospel-of-matthew-part-11-matthew-531-31/

Blessed are the poor in spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Evangel I am SO excited for you. I guess I'll just have to come visit you in Haiti then! ;o)
    Holly has been telling me all week that I HAVE to listen to this sermon! I finally had some time this afternoon and my i-pod froze! Doh! Can't wait to listen soon...

    Much love to you my friend. You are the BELOVED <3
    xoxo
    p.s: Here's a tip: REALLY enjoy your time at Imago that you have left. I miss it SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete