1.08.2011

DAY 2

I made it safely to Port-Au-Prince following a red eye flight from Portland. I left at 5:50pm and flew to LAX. After a short layover and a nearly missed flight, I was blessed to get the whole row to myself. You better believe I stretched out across all three seats for the 5 hour flight :) It was fabulous, even if I only got about an hour of sleep. Then from Miami I flew into Port-Au-Prince. The airport this time was a very different situation from last time. A flight from New York had come in right before our flight so the wait in the customs line was probably about an hour. Once I cleared that I had to wade through the piles of bags laying around to find my two bags. Then it was dodgy getting out to the parking lot. I was met by Ted, the MTI country director and a quick drive placed me safely home.

I crashed for a long nap and then unpacked my bags last night. Then I slept like a log. Today the plan is to head with some MTI staff members out to Canaan, the site of a potential new clinic.
It feels good to be back in Haiti. Though I already miss my friends and family dearly. I really can't complain about the 80 degree weather and the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray and hallelujah!
    You'll have to tell us more about the "dodgyP part of getting out to the parking lot. ;) I hope you take pictures of Cannaan...such a great name...and glad you can get out of the Team House on your second day in Haiti to enjoy the sun and warm weather. We've missed you, too, from the moment we left the airport, but thank God He has allowed you to serve in Haiti.
    God bless you, Sweetheart,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete