11.17.2009

Bake Sales and such

It has been a busy week. My parents sold their house and are moving and I'm recovering from the Flu. I feel like there are a lot of things on my plate right now.
I'm volunteering with the Good News Community Health Clinic and Dr. Bob and some of us nurses just started a partnership where we visit Our Father's Heart Ministry in Clackamas and run a free clinic for the homeless on every other Friday. This last friday was the first clinic and I had the chance to triage patients for the Dr. as well as do some foot care for those who needed it. I am learning alot through this and am thankful for the intentional relationships that are being formed.
Last week my administrator at Town Center Village organized a bake sale to help support my trip. They have gone over and above what I expected and the money generated from all their love and hard work is a huge blessing.
In addition, my home community is organizing a benefit dinner to help raise funds.
Many doors are opening and I am so thankful for the community around me.
Have you started reading "when helping hurts" yet?
It has opened my eyes to many practical was to help with poverty alleviation. As I was reading it, there were many moments where I thought "NO duh", and yet I never would have come to the same conclusions were I left to my own devices.

That is all for now. Thanks for Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment