A few months ago an old friend emailed me and offered me a place to stay in her home in Tanzania. She said that there was a clinic just down the road and she was sure they could use the help of an RN. I was ecstatic. I've known this woman since I was 4. She lived in Kenya with us and tutored us when we were up north in the hot hot sun. She is practically family. This provided an alternative to my current musings about moving to Cambodia and having basically no support system.
So, I started praying. Do I go with Imago and MTI to Cambodia or do I go to this seemingly too good to be true situation in Tanzania? My heart has always been in Africa. But I want to be involved in Imago's relationships and facilitate them to go deeper, not be a part of them being wide and shallow.
About 2 weeks later, my good friend emailed me back again. Turns out the clinic was closing down because of some corruption with a board member. Wow. Sure seemed like a sign to me. So I set my sights on Cambodia and preparing to go serve as a nurse there to the destitute poor.
I worked on Consolidating my student loans to lower my payments, I began emailing with a single woman who lives in Cambodia to figure out budget issues, I even started buying only 100% cotton clothes.
Then, I got some disappointing news yesterday as I met with MTI and Imago to talk about a move to Cambodia. It turns out that MTI currently has no In Country Director in Cambodia, so going over as a volunteer won't work out right now as there isn't the structure to support it. Looks like another door has closed.
So for now, I will just keep serving my little old people. Waiting for the right time to go.
I can only hope that His glory is seeping through in the little things I do every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those doors may have closed at this time but a very special door at a very specific time is waiting for you. Trust me on this one.
ReplyDelete