It was back to the hospital today. There was a huge traffic jam and it took us an hour and a half to make a half hour trip. We took a shortcut which took us up into the hills of the city on roads that were half washed out. But there was a beautiful view of the city on the way, and I Had a nice hour and a half conversation with the driver.
I saw a lot of wounds in the clinic today, and even got to assist the Dr. with an emergency that came in at the end of the day. I have never seen anyone put stitches in so fast!
During the downtime, I practised my Creole with the clinic staff and helped them practise their English. I learned "Ouvri pot machine supple". Which means "Please open my car door". Then i impressed the driver on the way home :D
Watched a beautiful sunset from the top of the house this evening and managed to only get a few bug bites. Off to bed with me now. Tomorrow will be an early day.

No comments:
Post a Comment